It must be very irritating when you find ants walking here and there in your home or workplace. Ants can cause a lot of inconveniences when they form groups in different areas. They can destroy your food and can even spread bacteria which may lead to diseases. To maintain proper hygiene, it is important that you get rid of the ants every time you notice them. There are some simple prevention tips that you can follow to remove the ants completely. These methods don’t involve any chemical substances and hence they are safe to use.
SIMPLE TIPS TO GET RID OF ANTS
- Use Chalk or Chalk Powder: Chalk has proved to be highly effective in keeping ants away. Chalk is made up of calcium carbonate which works very well against ants. Apply some chalk or chalk powder in those regions from where the ants enter. You can also draw chalk lines if you don’t wish to use the powdered form.
- Apply Lemon: You can apply lemon juice in those areas from where the ants enter your home. The smell of lemon acts as a repellent against these unwanted creatures because ants generally hate anything sour or bitter. You can also use lemon peels instead of lemon juice. But keep in mind that ants are always attracted to sweet food items, so make sure you keep those covered always.
- Apply Orange Peels: Oranges are also known to be quite effective against ant infestations. All you need to do is take some hot water and a few orange peels. Prepare a paste and apply it in those areas from where the ants enter. Let it be there for some time and then remove the paste. It is one of the best natural agents that prevent ants from entering your home.
- Apply Table Salt: Table Salt is available in everyone’s home. It is one of the best and cost-effective ways to get rid of ants without using any harmful chemicals. You should prefer using table salt instead of rock salt. You need some hot water in which you have to add some amount of table salt. Stir it well until the salt is fully dissolved in the water. Then take the solution in a spray bottle and spray it on the entry points of the ants. You can always expect to get the best results with this method.
- Apply Pepper: Ants generally don’t like pepper; hence if you find ants invading your homes, you can put some pepper on those regions from where they are entering. Black pepper is the best ingredient that prevents ants from gathering in a place. You can either apply pepper or make a solution of pepper and water and spray it. Pepper doesn’t kill the ants but it ensures that they are completely removed, thus making your home safe and hygienic.
- Apply White Vinegar & Water: Vinegar is another substance that works well against ants. Take some vinegar and add it to water to prepare a solution. You may also add some essential oil to enhance the strength of the solution. Use it daily in the areas where you find ants to make your place completely ant-free.
- Use Cinnamon: If you want to reduce ants as well as fill your home with a fresh, rich fragrance, you can use the combination of cinnamon and cloves. Ants can’t bear a strong smell; hence it works very well in keeping the ants away. You may also drop a few drops of essential oil for better results.
Apart from these ingredients, make sure that you store your food in sealed containers and prevent water leakages inside your home. This way you can prevent ants considerably. For further assistance you can also contact Pest Control Iluka for same day pest control services.